Depression Therapy & Counselling Services in Manchester
Depression therapy that gets results every time
City Centre Therapy, and Bod Cantwell’s approach to depression psychotherapy works around your needs. Our sound and confidential advice on overcoming the ‘black dog’ enables us to create an effective treatment plan.
Depression therapy and ‘the black dog’
Sir Winston Churchill referred to depression as the black dog: a period of darkness and withdrawing into one’s self. Depression can form part of other mental health disorders, such as Borderline Personality Disorder. Life events, childhood experience, and the influence of drink and drugs are common factors.
Depression psychotherapy treatment includes cognitive behavioural therapy in group, individual, and remote settings. Psychodynamic psychotherapy and IPT (interpersonal therapy) are popular treatment options. Depression is often treated with antidepressant drugs like Fluoxetine.
Types of depression
Depression can vary in its intensity and frequency and affects anyone, whatever your age or background. These include the following:
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD): affected by seasonal weather conditions;
- Dysthymia: also known as persistent depressive disorder or chronic depression;
- Prenatal depression: also referred to as antenatal depression. Occurs during pregnancy;
- Postnatal depression: follows weeks or months after being a parent;
- Bipolar Disorder: has three kinds of bipolar moods and symptoms including manic, depressive, and hypomanic episodes.
Why choose us?
We at City Centre Therapy offers depression psychotherapy that works. A framework which offers an holistic view of your concerns. For example, with CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy), a tailor made treatment plan. Because you matter, ‘one-size-fits-all’ isn’t our approach to depression psychotherapy. We listen to you and empathise with your concerns.
Talk to us
If you have any queries, call Bod on 07811 843561, or send him an email with the form below. We shall get back to you as soon as possible, with all enquiries dealt in the strictest of confidence.